Curriculum & Learning Objectives
The curriculum is organized around five Pillars of Study – Torches of Illumination:
• Am Yisrael: The People of Israel
• Torah: Tanach and other Jewish texts
• Tikkun Olam: Community service and social action
• God and Spirituality: Prayer and holiday rituals
• Jewish Languages: Focus on Hebrew but inclusion of other languages
Ma’or will extend beyond the traditional classroom to connect learning and living, studying and doing, resulting in the creation of a community of lifelong learners and active members who are excited, fulfilled, and purposeful in their Jewish journeys. Ma’or will tap into a wide range of community resources, integrating the Jewish educational setting/school, family education, connections with each synagogue, and a relationship with the greater Jewish community to provide a relevant and meaningful experience for its students.